Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Milestone


This may look like an odd picture to post, but it shows just how faithfully my ancient Volvo has taken me to countless painting sites, among other places. I've never had a car that came even close to 300,000 miles. Now I'm thinking of trying for 400,000! It turned over on the way back from painting at a farm in Wells, Maine yesterday. And yes, I stopped the car to take the photo.

The day was overcast for quite awhile and my subject was pretty much in shadow. Even though it didn't seem like a very good choice, I couldn't resist the brick farmhouse and attached barn. I thought it was a pretty good start; then, in packing up, the painting fell in the dirt. Ugh! When it's dry, I'll brush it off and work on it a bit more. 

There was a flock of chickens running around the farm. That fence didn't keep them in for long. 
Their rooster kept them together, corralling them like a little sheepdog. 

No comments: